• ...shipments are timed to arrive when they should be planted, so get out the
• ...before planting loosen the soil in the area and add peat moss. if necessary.
• ...all plants should be watered thoroughly after planting
• ...plants should be keep evenly moist during the first several weeks of the growing season.
• ...most plants undergo stress when they dry out to the point of wilt, they usually will come back after watering
but wilting does set them back
• ...fertilizer is usually not necessary when your plants first start growing
• ...fertilize is necessary after plants become established
• ...any organic fertilize is the best choice follow the directions on the package
• ...removing spent flowers it a good practice, it allows the plants to put its energy back into producing new
• ...when planting container plants be sure to plant them at the same depth; not too shallow, not to deep!
• usually you can determine the depth a bulb, root, or tuber should be planted at by the height it will grow to;
taller plants like lilies and dahlias need to be planted about 6" deep; on the other hand, shorter growing
plants, such as; begonias and caladium should be planted about 2"deep.
• If you have a question about a specific variety feel free to drop us an e-mail!